What to do:
- sharing a long sheet of craft paper, children
work together to paint a mural of the specific day or event.
- a mural is a picture made as a group that
depicts many parts of a theme (ie.
a river or horizon through the length of the paper well help define a common
horizon for some of the children so the finished image looks like it flows)
- use heavy brown paper
(or white craft paper on a roll) and
- place paper on floor (allow approx.
2’ per child)
- divide parts of mural up by drawing a border
line to indicate each child’s working space
- establish the theme in everyone’s imagination
through story or pictures or simply talking about it! Everyone uses their
space to create their part of the theme
Canada Day, Labor Day,